By the mid 19th Century, the church was in a poor state of repair and in 1850, a new church was completed. St Peter remained as a Chapel of Ease but was declared redundant in 1970. It was taken over in 1975 by the Friends of Friendless Churches, a registered charity.
The photos show the church before and after the friends took it over.
The following photos show the church as it is now. It is now used as a studio by a stained glass artist Benjamin Finn who has work in many churches. The photos are kindly supplied by Clive Nason.