St Mary's, Stansted Mountfitchet

Two Photographs 

Photograph by Ken Rose, 2000

Visit his Essex Schools site

This was the original Parish Church but, as it was dilapidated and a long way from the village, the newer church of St John the Evangelist was built in 1889 as a chapel of ease. St Johns is now the Parish Church and St Mary's, alongside Stansted Hall, is redundant and maintained by the Churches Conservation Trust.

A winter shot of St Mary's, kindly donated by Ken McDonald