Photograph by Ian Rose, 1999
The church is of Early English origin but is mainly 13th Century with additions in the 15th Century. The tall tower and spire are timber with five bells. The building was restored and enlarged in 1840, 1863, 1868 and 1887. The font is octagonal Perpendicular and dates back to around 1390.
Visit the Shenfield Site at www.shenfield.org.uk