Photograph by Ian Rose, 1999
The large and striking church was almost entirely rebuilt by Eden Nesfield in 1869-70. The tower and spire were completed in 1887. The only old work surviving is the 14th century nave arcades and the south porch, which is of wood and has an overhanging upper floor. In the north aisle is a painted triptych of the Virgin and Child which is Italian.