Photograph by Ian Rose, 1999
This church, except for the north wall and north transcept, was rebuilt in 1864 and has lost most of its interest. It does retain one of the finest screens in Essex, made in about 1425, and is of eight bays with double gates. In the transcept is a monument to Sir William Waad, knight (died 1623) who was Lieutenant of the Tower of London. He retired to Battles Wood in the parish.