Photograph by Ian Rose, 1999
Worley on High Roding
High Roothing. The church here (All Saints) consists of chancel and nave, built about the end of the twelfth, or very early in the thirteenth century. The small wooden belfry (two modern bells) is a fifteenth century addition, and the south porch is somewhat later. There are several Early English lancet windows, with which the south doorway appears to be contemporaneous, while the north door shows Transitional work in its pointed arch (without shafts) combined with the billet mouldings of Norman character. Registers from 1558.