Photograph by Ian Rose, 1999
Worley on Berners Roding
Berners Roothing (or Barnish Roding). This parish also takes its name from former owners, the Berners family, sometimes spelt "Barnes", and this accounting for the alternative designation. The church (dedication unknown) dates from the fourteenth century, and still has two windows of that age, but the rest are later insertions, that at the east end being remarkable for its fine brick tracery. The fabric consists of nave and chancel (without arch), and a small timber belfry, with one bell dated 1594. Registers from 1538.