Photograph by Ian Rose, 1999
This cruciform church dates from the late 11th Century. Some blocked early windows may be seen in the nave walls. The 13th Century north-east window of the chancel has beautiful tracery. On each side of the chancel arch is a squint through which priests who were celebrating at the side altars could see the high altar. There are two brasses, one in the chancel to Anne Thmpson, 1607, and another to William Turner, 1473, and his two wives in the north transcept.