Photograph by Ian Rose, 1999
Worley on Beauchamp Roding
Beauchamp Roothing, so called after a thirteenth century owner of the parish, has a church (St Botolph) built in the early sixteenth century, but much restored in 1870 and again in 1893. The fabric comprises nave and chancel, with a square embattled tower containing four bells. Most of the windows, the reredos, pulpit, and other fittings are new; but the rood screen remains, and there are old piscina both in nave and chancel. Registers from 1688.