Photograph by Ian Rose, 1999
The church dates back to the 13th and 14th centuries and has been restored extensively.The modern tower stands on the foundations of an earlier round one dating back to Norman times.The square font is 12th century although its supporting pedestal may be later. The Arms of Walden Abbey are depicted in some old glass in the west window of the tower.
There are monuments including a priest in cassock and surplice, in two parts, set in the north wall of the chancel and a canopied altar tomb to Richard Cutte (1592)and his wife Mary in the south aisle. Another memorial is to John Withers of the Middle Temple who died in 1692. A fine brass is preserved of Richard Fox, dated 1493.
The Tower has 6 bells.